We are seeking an Electrical Engineering or Computer Science Co-op to join us during Spring 2023 at our Bedford location. The Engineering Co-op will work on teams within Xellia's various functional groups to gain hands-on work experience in our growing, fast-paced pharmaceutical company. The position will provide the opportunity to apply your electrical engineering or computer science knowledge to real-life applications and projects, while gaining beneficial professional skills and an understanding of industry practices and standards.
- Applies engineering theories, principles and knowledge to process and equipment control design, User interface programming and testing.
- Learns and Develops programming skills in Automation tools such as Allen Bradley PLC platform, GE iFix, Ignition Scada etc.
- Works in a team environment, collaborating with cross-functional teams to meet project goals.
- Assists in identifying and driving opportunities for improvement, making constructive suggestions to improve process effectiveness, product quality and operating efficiency.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills in order to relay information and generate necessary documents for the job function aimed at the intended audience.
- Read, comprehend and execute Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and instruction documents.
- Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend and interpret equipment manuals, P&ID's, mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Partner with Quality to ensure processes and products are in compliance with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations. Oversee that processes are in cGMP compliance and establish systems that identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change to improve process effectiveness to heighten quality. Develop knowledge of and understand regulatory requirements such as 21CFR part 210 and 211, cGMP's, FDA, OSHA, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- Personnel engaged in the manufacture, processing, packing, or holding of a drug product shall wear clean clothing appropriate for the duties they perform. Personal Protective Equipment, such as head, face, hand, and arm coverings, shall be worn as necessary to protect drug products from contamination.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited engineering undergraduate or graduate program (Electrical, Computer Science.)
- Entry level Programming skills in any of the Human machine interface tools (FT View/Wonderware), Python, R, Java etc.
- Strong Academic Performance
- Ability to understand, and work with, regulatory requirements such as 21CFR part 210 and 211, cGMP's, FDA, OSHA, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- Legally authorized to work in the US
- Interest in pursuing a career in the Pharmaceutical Industry
Xellia Pharmaceuticals is a specialty pharmaceutical company developing, manufacturing and commercializing anti-infective treatments against serious and often life-threatening bacterial and fungal infections. Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Xellia has a global footprint with R&D, manufacturing and commercial operations across Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North America. Xellia is wholly owned by Novo Holdings A/S and employs a dedicated team of over 1,800 people.
With over 115 years of experience, Xellia is a world-leading trusted supplier of several important established anti-infective drugs, comprising active pharmaceutical ingredients as well as injectable products. Continuing the Company's evolution, Xellia is generating an innovative pipeline of value-added anti-infective medicines intended to enhance patient care, providing convenience and ease of use for healthcare professionals.
Together you can help us lead the fight against infections.
Further information about Xellia can be found at: www.xellia.com
Connect with us on LinkedIn
This job has expired.