Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Automation Engineer - Life Sciences to support projects in the Pharmaceutical and Biotech market. This is a highly visible role, and the opportunity to build on Wood's global experience to expand a new part of the business. For the right candidate, this position can be seated out of any city in the US, but ideally located in RTP NC, Philadelphia PA, or Greenville SC
Wood Applied Intelligence is the largest vendor-independent system integrator in the world with proven stability for more than 25 years. We pride ourselves on solving real-world problems for our clients by providing full engineering, consulting, procurement, and construction services to our customers across the globe. Our automation team works on hands-on projects that span the full spectrum - from small integration projects to Main Automation Contractor programs for large, multi-EPC projects.
The successful candidate will lead in a technical capacity in front of both internal and external customers. Join us and be part of an agile working team that can support office, client site and homed based assignments.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in Pharma / Biotech specific Automation to other Wood divisions for both proposals and project execution
- Provide technical supervision of automation project teams including guidance and expertise for all phases of automation projects, conceptual / Basis of Design through detailed design, configuration, implementation, startup and validation support, IQ/OQ/PQ.
- Ensure Wood's quality assurance standards are met for all Automation project scope
- Lead or participate in non-Pharma / Biotech Automation project teams on occasion
- Travel expected to customer locations for project implementation (<=25%).
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Professional Engineering License highly desirable
- 10+ years of industry experience supervising, leading and guiding automation design and implementation projects in pharmaceutical/biotech industries
- Experience with all phases of Automation projects including; conceptual, basis of design, implementation, systems testing, start-up and commissioning of automation systems in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries
- Experience in control systems integration with an operating company, systems vendor or engineering services provider for pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry projects
- Expert level experience with one or more of the following control systems: Emerson DeltaV, Rockwell ControlLogix, Siemens PCS7, Werum MES
- Working knowledge with design of MES, CQV, and Serialization systems
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements of the pharmaceutical industry (e.g., cGMP's, cGLP's, ICH, etc).
- Working knowledge of S88 Batch
- Proficient knowledge of P&IDs and instrumentation/control equipment
- Proficient knowledge of the principles of relational databases, application interfaces, and Human Machine Interface design and implementation
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Must be US citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.