Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As Associate, Transmission Public Affairs you will manage and support key public-facing functions to advance Invenergy's growing portfolio of transmission projects, including Grain Belt Express, Clean Path NY, New Mexico North Path and others. In this role, you will contribute to the success of projects that together will unlock enough 100% domestic, clean electricity for 5 million+ US homes while supporting American jobs, local economies, and national security. The Associate, Transmission Public Affairs role is an opportunity for individuals with experience and well-rounded skillsets in public relations, public affairs, or political or advocacy communications who are interested in managing and supporting fully-integrated, multi-disciplinary communications programs to advance multi-billion-dollar transmission infrastructure projects that are superhighways to the renewable energy future.
- Develop-or manage external consultants in the development of-messaging, collateral materials, and digital content for Invenergy's transmission projects and the Invenergy Transmission business as a whole.
- Develop expertise in public input and stakeholder engagement requirements and best practices for electric utility infrastructure; develop and execute local and state-based communications programs consistent with these requirements and best practices, including managing external consultants' work to implement stakeholder communications, outreach and engagement programs that satisfy all regulatory requirements while also building trust and support with project stakeholders.
- Manage community relations and goodwill programs, including developing and tracking budgets, coordinating with local field staff and contractors around events and visibility opportunities, and working with local media around visibility opportunities.
- Review and manage reporting produced by outside contractors for transmission project media summaries, social media reports, stakeholder engagement dashboards, and other reporting to ensure contractors are executing to scopes and that information is being shared within the project team.
- Manage and maintain project information sources, including project progress dashboards, project metrics, and messaging documents; ensure appropriate dissemination and/or awareness of these information sources across all internal and external members of project team.
- Oversee public affairs trainings for all members of project teams, including regular messaging trainings for employees, consultants, contractors and land agents.
- Represent Invenergy Transmission in stakeholder meetings, at local community events, and in interactions with the media to advance public education and support for Invenergy's transmission projects.
- Support the identification, contracting, onboarding, and management of external contractors and consultants on transmission project teams.
- Assume leadership for local, state, or national grasstops relationship development for certain key external communities, which depending on candidate background and experience, may include farm/ag, labor, environmental justice, conservation, military veterans, or other stakeholder communities.
- Value and promote diversity and inclusion within Invenergy and within your span of control.
- 5+ years progressive experience including public relations or public affairs experience; experience in renewable energy, the power sector, or regulated industries or in political or advocacy communications strongly preferred.
- A critical thinker with sound judgement, strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to proactively collaborate across large and complex project teams.
- Must be an exceptional writer (candidate will be asked to provide writing samples)
- Must be a strong project manager who excels at managing multi-channel, integrated communications efforts to achieve goals and objectives, including day-to-day execution and forward planning.
- Must have experience managing the development, design, review and approval processes for talking points, marketing materials, and digital content as part of a corporate or political communications team and/or in an agency setting.
- Ability to accurately distil technical subject matter into easy-to-digest public messaging, including regularly interfacing with highly specialized subject matter experts in fields including engineering, construction, energy markets, and regulatory law and policy.
- Preference for candidates who have client-side experience managing external consulting firms or have consultant/agency-side experience, including involvement in consulting agreement scoping, budget development, and consulting engagement management.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
This job has expired.