Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Setup, maintenance, calibration, and operation of standard and advanced analytical equipment to meet method, customer, and quality program requirements.
- Data collection and compilation in a clear, concise manner in compliance with method and quality program requirements along with application of statistical analysis.
- Train others to perform standard analytical techniques.
- Provide routine data analysis and standard testing technique guidance to other lab members.
- Prepare reports for customers to be reviewed by lab manager or designee.
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of proprietary information and technologies for internal as well as external customers.
- Revise and develop standard operating procedures, test methods and material testing protocols.
- Propose ideas for new analytical equipment and test methodologies.
- Maintains laboratory testing to assure compliance with ASTM, ISO, AAMI and other externally established standards.
- Complies with safety and chemical hygiene programs.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide analytical support for identified issues
Education and experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in science or engineering with 0 - 4 years of instrumentation and analytical experience.
- Knowledge of fundamental polymer & analytical concepts.
- Academic or industrial exposure to polymer lab practices & procedures.
Specific skills and experience :
- Ability to read, understand, apply, revise and develop standard and advanced laboratory techniques, test methods and procedures.
- Ability to handle advanced data interpretation, spot errors and suggest corrective action based on an understanding of the test method and equipment.
- Hands on experience with standard laboratory practices per ASTM, ISO, USP, etc. for, but not limited to, following analytical equipment: DSC, TGA, FTIR, Melt Indexer, Mechanical Tester, SEM and GC/MS.
- Solid foundation in working with chemicals, safe handling practices and storage.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong mathematical background including statistical analysis.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, etc.
- Functions well within a team-oriented organizational environment
- Detail and results oriented
- Ability to maintain flexibility for changing priorities
- Carries out duties and responsibilities with limited supervision, makes decisions and quickly adjusts to provided work priorities to meet quality and customer requirements
- Work environment may include areas of unpleasant extremes of cold and heat and potential exposure to fumes, airborne particulates, and/or hazardous chemicals in the work area requiring adherence to safety considerations
- Full spectrum vision to identify and distinguish color with ability for sharp focus in near and far vision
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects and fine instruments with fingers
- Handling, seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hands
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Occasional lifting, carrying objects weighing 15 lb or less
- Occasional pushing, pulling objects weighing 50 lb or less
- Ability to move about safely and efficiently
Disclaimer Statement: Job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and/or knowledge, skills, and abilities required, but a description of the job's most important elements. Nothing in this description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.About Us
Zeus Industrial Products, headquartered in Orangeburg, South Carolina, is the world's leading polymer extrusion manufacturer and material science innovator. More than 50 years of experience in medical, aerospace, energy, automotive, fiber optics, and more allows us to set the bar high.
Zeus is a great place to work. Expectations are high; our work is meticulous and very precise. Zeus offers an opportunity to join a very successful, family-oriented team. Our products are cutting-edge, our process is unique, and our quality and customer focus are second-to-none. We are a leader in our field and have great relationships with our customers and team members. Many of our team members are the best at what they do in the world. Our customers are leaders in their fields. Our products help save lives.
Continuous Improvement is a way of life at Zeus. Successful candidates will have a desire and ability to take our manufacturing process to the next level. Expectations are high; our work is meticulous and very precise. You must possess the ability to work independently; and the desire to learn a variety of skills. The ability to communicate clearly is imperative, as is the ability to manipulate data using various software packages.
At Zeus, what we do matters, and we pride ourselves in "Turning polymers into possibilities." Expectations are high; our products are cutting-edge, our process is unique, and our quality and customer focus are second-to-none.
Our employees and our customers are at the center of everything we do. Those relationships have been built on a foundation that is supported by our Mission and Vision:
Our Mission: Provide Solutions - Enable Innovation - Enhance Lives
Our Vision: Working Together - Doing It Better
Zeus is an exciting, innovative company that offers competitive pay and a great benefits package. As we continue to push the boundaries of polymer science, we're constantly in need of new ideas, new expertise, and new team members. Are you ready to join us?
This job has expired.