Your new role:
Are you passionate about the importance of reproducibility in science? If so, we may have the perfect job for you as an Associate Scientific Editor on the STAR Protocols team at Cell Press. We are looking for a scientist with experience working in any discipline covered by Cell Press who shares our passion for making it easy for scientists to publish their work in effective ways. This job offers a unique opportunity to start your editorial career with an innovative open access journal, which you can help shape and develop to ensure its scientific and commercial success.
Key responsibilities will include:.
- Overseeing the peer review and publication process of a rapidly growing open access journal
- Working with the team of editors to develop STAR Protocols content
- Building effective working relationships with colleagues across Cell Press and beyond
- You will also have the opportunity to be a stakeholder in innovative Cell Press initiatives that shape the future of science communication.
- This is a full-time editorial position.
What you should bring:
- A PhD or other relevant doctoral degree.
- Broad scientific interests and a passion for helping scientists publish their work.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize, focus, and achieve desired goals.•
- A dynamic, results-oriented approach to goals and objectives.
- Creativity, willingness to experiment, and desire to improve.
- Customer-focused and attentive with good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interactive, team working skills as well as the ability to work independently.
- Continuous quality control and monitoring of all aspects of day-to-day publishing operations and actively address improvements where required
- A good understanding of digital communication, publishing trends and open access publishing.
What we offer:
Cell Press offers an attractive salary and benefits package and a stimulating working environment that encourages innovation. Applications will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Please include a cover letter describing why you are interested in the job and how your skills and knowledge could contribute the success of STAR Protocols .
An assessment could be part of our selection procedure. A pre-employment screening will be part of our recruitment procedure.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.