Responsible for coordinating all Operational functions for their respective department. Primary focus is to lead the safe, efficient and continuous improvement of operations within various process functions of the plant and is responsible for managing and developing the employees within the process unit and meeting all key business objectives as set forth by the company. This entails safely producing the short term plan, making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementations of operational policies and procedures.
At Novelis, our people are our greatest asset. We embrace our diversity to see real world problems through various lenses, and make break-through technology possible. Our family oriented atmosphere encourages and enables employees and their families to give back to their communities through volunteering and working with non-profit partners and local schools towards making communities safer, supporting Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education initiatives and growing recycling by consumers. We operate in a strong encouraging environment with opportunities to be a part of our employee mentorship programs to guide you through your career.
Does this sound like your next opportunity? Apply today!
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Understanding the budgetary process, inventory usage and control, and the procurement process.
- Human Resource interaction and skills are very important. Proper documentation is required to ensure direct reports are being properly trained, promoted, or counselled as required. This person will assist with hiring of all production employees.
- Execute a daily plan.
- Ensure the behaviour, equipment and conditions inherent to the process are safe.
- Use & coach the use of structured methods of problem solving (A3s, 5-whys, etc.)
- Develop & sustain standard work
- Implement 6-S with process area
- Work as Process Owner for pertinent Rapid Improvement Events
- Spend significant amount of time on shop floor with employees on all shifts
- Develop employees
- Set expectations for the team
- Teach coworkers to be problem solvers
- Address training needs
- Evaluate performance and provide feedback
- Coach for leadership opportunities
- Minimum 3 - 5 years work experience in manufacturing, industrial, or related environment required.
- Minimum three years supervisory experience
- High School Education
- Able to be multifunctional and handle many tasks at once
- Coordinate activities between various cross functional departments (e.g. production, maintenance quality, supply chain, EHS, etc.)
- Knowledge of the functions of the plant
- Leads through Safety and Corporate vision
- Superior leadership, team building skills and interpersonal skills
- Possesses strong change management skills
- Ability to perform work accurately and independently
- Demonstrates self-knowledge and takes action to continuously improve
- Adept at conflict resolution and in effective motivational techniques
- Excellent communication and follow up skills
- Proficient in Computer Software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Project
- Excellent understanding of Rolling Theory and associated process fundamentals.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform root-cause-analysis on equipment and process issues, related to rolling and process equipment.
Novelis' Terre Haute facility is located in the center of the Wabash Valley about an hour drive from Indianapolis. The region is named for the nearby Wabash River. The facility's 150 employees produce world-class light gauge aluminum that is used in the production of aluminum foil containers and industrial fin products. Through the Novelis Neighbor program employees enjoy long-term partnerships with the United Way Salvation Army and Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts providing support in Safety STEM and Recycling. Home to five higher education institutions Terre Haute offers a host of cultural and recreational activities. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.