The Associate Director, US Medical Affairs, CNS supports the Director, Medical Affairs to provide medical support for assigned Otsuka's US Neuroscience/CNS assets. This individual will provide medical representation on relevant cross-functional teams and will serve as a disease and product expert.
Specific responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Collaborating with Medical Affairs and cross functional colleagues to develop and execute asset strategy and tactics with appropriate management of budget/resources
- May be involved with pre-launch or marketed product/indication depending on assigned program
- Providing high quality scientific/clinical input and review of medical content of promotional and medical materials for accuracy as part of promotional and medical review committees.
- Provide high quality scientific/clinical input and review of medical materials which may include educational materials, standard response letters, FAQs, Ad Board materials, webcasts, abstracts, posters, slides, manuscripts, etc
- Lead US disease state awareness initiatives
- May provide internal scientific/medical trainings
- Management of vendors and budget as applicable
- Assist Director on behalf of the TA as an asset expert in both internal and external venues including the Medical Affairs sub-teams, and advisory boards / steering committees.
- Ensuring US Field Medical Affairs content is consistent to Medical Affairs strategy
- May help with development and execution of evidence generation plans (Ph4, post-hoc analyses) as applicable
- Develop investigator sponsored study strategy and review submitted grants
- Develop US educational objectives and disease and product narratives
- Review medical education grant requests as needed
- Travel (approximately 20%)
Knowledge/ Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years' experience in pharmaceutical industry Medical Affairs specifically
- Neuroscience experience, psychiatry preferred
- Pharmaceutical industry experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development (+ 6 years' experience) for neuroscience products would also be considered
- Launch experience preferred
- Motivated and solution oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including experience presenting to large groups
- Experience creating and managing budgets
- Good knowledge of OPDP promotional regulations and pharmaceutical promotion standards
- Good knowledge of CDER/CBER regulations regarding evaluation and approval of pharmaceuticals
- M.D. or PharmD from a recognized school of medicine or pharmacy, PMHNP, PhD, or PsyD
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Equal Opportunity Employer
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.