Reporting to the Senior Director of Reimbursement and Health Policy in Government Affairs and Advocacy (GAA), The Assoc. Dir., Reimbursement & Health Policy role is responsible for identifying, shaping, communicating and executing key aspects of the public policy agenda reflecting Otsuka's priorities and areas of leadership. The Associate Director position serves as one of the company's primary contacts to identify, analyze and develop the company's positions in conjunction with internal business units, state legislatures, Congress and parts of the Administration. This role interacts with many cross-functional teams, both externally and internally including trade associations of which Otsuka is a member company, consultants and other entities working with/for Otsuka, law firms, and advocacy/stakeholder groups. This role will be responsible for policy analysis of existing proposals at the federal and state levels. Additionally, the role will also be responsible for the development of ideas that support coverage, coding and reimbursement for Otsuka's current and future portfolio.
Based in Washington, DC, the Associate Director, Reimbursement and Health Policy, interacts with various individuals and teams internally, including but not limited to business unit leaders across commercial and R&D, Legal, Compliance, Communications, Stakeholder Management, and external advocacy groups. This position will also partner with key advocacy and coalition partners to meet the needs of government payers, serves as a developer of key positions for coverage within Medicare/Medicaid, advances customer education, healthcare reform, health policy, and reimbursement.
Education, Behavioral Competencies and Skills
- Monitors and analyzes proposed legislation and regulation to determine its effects on the industry; helps determine the most appropriate position for Otsuka; communicates those positions to federal and state teams as well as the relevant business units, trade associations and other external partners in coordination with Senior Director of Reimbursement and Health Policy and other senior staff; develops and implements strategies to achieve favorable results
- Assists in the development of and executes on Otsuka's plans of action on federal and state policy for inline and future product portfolio
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on development of strategy and tactical planning
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts across key agencies, trade associations and other relevant other key policy opinion leaders to ensure accounting of Otsuka's interests in important legislative environments
- Helps raise profile of Otsuka within various coalitions and stakeholder communities, including advocacy, political, and trade associations
- Responsible for the development of briefing materials, relative to the federal and state policy/legislative jurisdiction, for Otsuka's leadership and other senior executives for Congressional, Administrative, and trade association meetings/events
- Bachelor's degree required. JD, MBA or other Masters-level degree desirable
- Minimum 7-10 years of pharmaceutical experience in a healthcare policy, reimbursement or payer experience (CMS, health plan, PBM), or related healthcare policy consulting, law or financial/actuarial firm experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of healthcare reimbursement environment including coverage, HCPCS reimbursement coding application process, payment, as well as how to develop, implement and manage reimbursement strategies
- Advanced knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Marketplace, VA, DoD, and Commercial programs and payer policies, reimbursement processes, and reimbursement coding inclusive of strategy development required. Knowledge of Government price calculations and compliance regulations preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the knowledge of source data with the ability to research complex policy issues with the ability to perform qualitative and lead quantitative analyses
- Demonstrated experience working with federal healthcare programs, commercial payers/providers, and managed care organizations
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and business skills; with the ability to communicate effectively across key internal and external teams
- Demonstrated ability to process complex information and summarize it concisely in writing and/or verbally in a professional manner and in a time sensitive environment as required
- Willing to travel in the US up to 30%
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.