The Associate Director of Instructional Design and Content Development leads the design and development of Ethics and Compliance (E&C) learning program materials with a focus on digital online learning content under the direction of the Sr. Director Training & Documentation. The primary scope for this role is OAPI/OPDC supporting the organization in the areas of instructional design, instructional technology, and execution of organizational development priorities.
The Associate Director of Instructional Design and Content Development will:
- Drive the strategy & execution of ethics and compliance annual and bi-annual learning content
- Lead the design and development of ethics & compliance learning content by demonstrating:
- Strong knowledge and application of instructional system design methodologies
- Ability to keep abreast of and use industry best practices in eLearning design and development
- High level of familiarity with common eLearning and Media development tools
- Lead testing and quality control of digital online learning content:
- Utilizing either internal learning management system or external testing platforms
- Develop and manage learning project timelines and budgets using best practices in project management
- Manage full-time employee and oversee contractors in support of training content and course development
- Provide strategic recommendations on the use of Learning Management Systems (LMS) and other digital tools to enhance innovative, effective online and blended learning experiences
- Collaborate directly with Ethics & Compliance representatives from OAPI/OPDC with secondary responsibilities collaborating with the global ethics and compliance team to support the development of training materials
- Determine appropriate learning delivery methods in the context of development needs, audience, and instructional technology capabilities
- Devise modes of assessment to measure learner uptake and the effectiveness of learning programs
- Remain current on trends in ethics & compliance learning solutions and systems
Requires advanced understanding of instructional systems design with a specialization in development of online eLearning content and supporting media. Requires technical knowledge related to how eLearning courses function in a compliant learning management system. This role requires a working knowledge of corporate ethics and compliance to collaborate with legal-compliance professionals in the development of ethics and compliance training programs. This role should have a working knowledge of one or more of the following industries: pharmaceuticals, medical device, ethics and compliance training for commercial functions. The best candidate will have some prior experience developing compliance training programs in more than one of these industries. Skills and Experience
Demonstrated experience designing and developing innovative online ethics and compliance learning programs in collaboration with business subject matter experts and E&C team members. This requires:
- Ability to effectively listen and ask questions from subject matter experts
- Ability to learn new concepts and business processes quickly
- Expert technical ability using eLearning authoring tools including Articulate360
- Moderate technical skills using Adobe Creative Suite
- Moderate technical experience working in HTML, CSS, and XML
- Moderate technical experience working with xAPI for training analytics
- Demonstrated ability to apply a mix of media arts, storytelling, gaming, and the science of learning when developing learning solutions
- Proven project management skills, relationship building and presentation skills
- Understanding of Learning Management Systems and SCORM, TinCan a plus
- Understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements for training
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Third party vendor management experience
- Ability to take initiative
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- Experience managing fulltime employees a plus
The ideal candidate will have an MS in Instructional System, Instructional/Educational Technology (or equivalent). Certifications in eLearning design and development is highly desired. Minimum of ten years designing and developing innovative online learning programs. Prior management experience providing oversight to full-time employees and contingent workers (contractors).
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.