Associate Director, Global LYNPARZA/DDR Training
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As an Associate Director, Global LYNPARZA/DDR Training, in Gaithersburg, MD you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
This position is responsible for the oversight, strategic direction, and leadership of the curriculum and assets to support Global market needs. The incumbent will collaborate closely with his/her counterparts across each OTD Division Lead to ensure an alignment of business operations within the therapeutic areas. Through the efforts of his/her team members, the Associate Director, Global LYNPARZA/DDR Training
is expected to develop a consistent service delivery brand that is evident in all learning and development assets created. The incumbent will work with sales, brand, clinical and other cross functional leaders to create training and development strategies and ensures alignment with business unit priorities to program objectives.
Success factors for this role include effective leveraging of resources in both markets and outcomes for learners and stakeholders than can be translated into tangible business successes both in the U.S and in Global markets.
Key Interfaces - Internal:
- Works directly with internal stakeholders, training managers, US and Global leads to understand current and future learning needs of the business.
- Establishes strong cross-functional relationships across the product, marketing, and existing internal training teams to develop a scalable global training program that meets launch and life cycle management goals of key global customers.
- Leads the identification, deployment, and promotion of the most effective and innovative practices across the department and globe; including launches.
- Leads teams to evaluate program metrics as a means of determining training impact in areas for growth and of success.
- Supports team members to achieve a customer-focused and performance-driven culture that supports Innovation, simplification, measurement, and excellence in learning development and delivery.
- Creates synergies across the teams to create cost savings collaboration and to avoid duplication of efforts.
Key Interfaces - External:
- Oncology TA, VP, U.S. and Global
- Oncology Brand TA Leads (Global)
- Learning & Development Managers
- Director, Oncology Diagnostic Managers
- Medical Information Managers
Position Requirements - Minimum:
- Vendor Partners
- Key Opinion Leaders
- Clinical Decision Makers
Position Requirements - Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of a blend of pharmaceutical/biotech/oncology experience
- Demonstrated competency in medical learning & development and science liaison teams
- Ability to effectively lead in a cross-functional and virtual team environment, providing direction and guidance to team members with varied and complementary responsibilities
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced degree in medical, pharmaceutical, or life sciences or a related field or equivalent
- 3 years of Oncology experience
- Experience in global markets
- Experience in pharmaceutical product launch
- Minimum of 3 years of a blend of management and/or training experience
- Knowledge of instructional systems design
- Consultative abilities; demonstrated experience identifying internal client needs and making appropriate recommendations for the most effective L&D solutions
- Communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, with stakeholders who do not speak English as a first language
- Negotiation abilities; demonstrated experience working with leadership across functions to identify common areas of need and gain consensus on forward strategies that will deliver desired results
- Technical breadth across multiple disease areas; ability to demonstrate aptitude for continued knowledge development
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to author persuasive communications
- Strong project team management skills; with demonstrated ability to focus on effective procurement and planning of resources and establishing viable project milestones and final deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to assess stakeholder needs, anticipate and resolve functional area challenges
- Demonstrate accountability to deliver performance while managing multiple priorities; overcome obstacles to successfully achieve performance results
- Prior people leadership experience demonstrating ability to influence and lead others to success
- Demonstrated ability to utilize widely-known business software applications (e.g. MS Office Suite) to organize, analyze and synthesize information
- Working knowledge of information/technology systems that support learning and development initiatives
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protect colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.