About the CompanyImmunocore (NASDAQ: IMCR) is a pioneering, commercial-stage T cell receptor biotechnology company whose purpose is to develop and commercialize a new generation of transformative medicines which address unmet patient needs in oncology, infectious diseases and autoimmune disease. Our leaders in R&D are internationally recognised as some of the biotech industry's most successful drug developers. We are creating not just an environment where great minds can interact but an innovation powerhouse answering the big questions.
Focused on delivering first-in-class biological therapies to patients, we have developed a highly innovative soluble TCR platform. Our ImmTAX molecules underpin a new generation of precision engineered drugs that harness the immune system to treat a broad spectrum of diseases with high unmet medical need, including oncology, infectious diseases and autoimmune diseases.
We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace, while seeking talented individuals to work with us across the many functions that will allow us to deliver new medicines to transform the lives of patients. You will work with outstanding people who together pioneer the research, development and commercialization of bi-specific TCR therapies. We aim to create an environment where individual contributions and initiatives can be maximized, while fostering a culture of collaboration, based on respect and integrity. We want each individual employee to own their career, as part of high-performing teams, and in the context of on-the-job and formal continuous development and training, as well as constructive feedback. We always strive to identify ways to improve what we do and how we do it, by asking questions, voicing opinions, exploring various approaches and staying connected with healthcare professionals, patients, academia and other key partners. Key Responsibilities• Key member of team responsible for growing an innovative, stable and successful biotech company in immuno-oncology through partnering with strategic industry partners and academic collaboration.
• This position requires someone who has the highest level of enthusiasm, confidence and engagement skills supported by experience, and capability
• This role requires excellent enterprise thinking, agility, and experience in multiple aspects of biotechnology R&D and finance
• Role will lead selected business development deals including scouting, diligence, valuation, governance, negotiation and execution.
Representative and Liaison:
• Represent the science and technology of Immunocore to key external audiences
• Be a critical part of business development outreach, directly with 3rd parties, through conferences, creating and delivering or receiving 3rd party pitch decks
• Strengthen relationships with new and existing partners and collaborators and present business development opportunities to potential partners.
• Partner with Head of Business Development in developing and executing business development strategy
Strategist and Technician:
• Conduct technology and market assessment and analysis for new business opportunities
• Assess deals through lens of strategic intent and near & long-term financial accretion
• Lead and orchestrate all facets of due diligence on deals led
• Develop term sheet proposals that align all internal and external stakeholders
• Lead selected negotiations while demonstrating firmness and conviction, balanced with active-listening, creativity and diplomacy
• Lead deal closing, including coordination with internal and external legal counsel, accounting, finance, human resources, investor relations and other functional areas.
• Partner with and guide Finance and Acct on budgets and forecasts
• Partner with Business Analytics to identify trends and update on competitive landscape
• Assist in Alliance Management
• Coach others on partnering process and expected deliverables
Experience & Credentials
• Proven business development experience, preferably gained within the biotech environment, but open to candidates with significant experience in senior role in academic technology transfer/licensing setting
• Keen understanding of biological therapeutics, including both pre-clinical and clinical drug development
• A deal sheet with deals in which candidate led negotiation, including a diverse range of deal types and structures (e.g. in & out licenses, platform deals, funding vehicles, research collaborations)
• Business development network within the industry is strongly preferred
• Well-developed knowledge of innovative alliance structures, industry trends, and competitive issues related to biopharma BD
• Experience scouting for innovative drug development partnerships including both academic and commercial partners
• Scientific or Business-related degree is required; training in a biological (pharmacology /biology/biochemistry) discipline preferred
• Must demonstrate scientific knowledge and gravitas to hold/drive meaningful scientific discussions with industrial and academic experts and key opinion leaders
• Results-oriented, creative, self-starter with the ability to deliver high-quality deliverables on time that are appropriate for review by key stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal skills including a demonstrated ability to be effective in a matrix environment
• Global experience and awareness to diversity/ethnic/regional norms
• Drives to solutions on significant and unique complex issues where problems are not clearly defined
10+ years of experience, with minimum of 5 years in biopharma business development or academic technology transfer
Deal sheet showing range of transactions led
Bachelor's degree in science or finance required
In depth knowledge of and experience in the Immuno-Oncology space
An advanced degree (PhD/MBA) is a plus
*By registering with our site, you agree to our