The Mid-Market Group Health Product Manager is responsible for supporting the development of products, services or recommendations to support the overall financials and health of product(s) as well as contributing to the achievement of profit and growth targets for product(s). This job is accountable for making recommendations to management, incorporating sales feedback and market intelligence to product direction, and coordinating activities for countrywide products and rollouts. This position may manage product analysts or consultants in accomplishing this work.
- Contribute to the achievement of short and long-term strategies to achieve market share growth and profitability targets on a countrywide basis
- Execute strategies to ensure the integration and execution of product, pricing and risk management for countrywide usage
- Manage two or more Product Analysts and/or Consultants, including performance management, workforce planning and recruitment activities
- Leverage expertise to provide recommendations to leaders on initiatives and strategic fit
- Manage / perform complex work assignments and problem resolution across systems, processes or channels and navigate obstacles to deliver the work product
- Design and support innovations in all aspects of the product development lifecycle
- Support Product Management Leaders in the creation of communication plans, product development and recommendations to solve product or implementation issues
- Determine or execute operational parameters to get new products/projects implemented
- Responsible for seeking out resolutions to barriers
- Work directly with stakeholders and cross functional AORs including marketing, sales and field product organization to align on strategies and execution methods
This job does have supervisory dutiesPreferred Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years relevant experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Expertise in product, price, underwriting and insurance regulation knowledge, with working knowledge of Allstate plans and product offerings
- Expertise in stop-loss/excess-loss insurance and self funded health plans
- Advanced knowledge about business in general, knowledge of industry and company economics;
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Strong people and thought leadership; ability to develop, mentor and coach others
- Strong change management skills
- Communication skills combined with the ability to influence others at different levels of leadership
- Ability to consistently achieve superior results
- Ability to measure, evaluate, and act on results (financial and operational)
- Demonstrated and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment and accountability for achieving results
- Proven ability to effectively network and communicate
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.