Assistant Property Manager
Come join our awesome team as an Assistant Property Manager at Federalsburg Gardens in Federalsburg, Maryland!
Federalsburg Gardens is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
Assistant Property Manager Job Highlights:
About the job:
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
- Career Scholarships
- Shift: Monday to Friday 8:30am-3:00pm
- Pay Rate: $18.00p/h
The Assistant Property Manager
is responsible for the daily operations of the property, including supervision of staff, building maintenance, all administrative duties for both internal and external agencies, and maintaining positive relationships with the residents of the property.Required Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Rural Development experience a must
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One or more years of experience in property management
- Knowledge of regulations, acts, guidelines, etc., pertaining to conventional properties.
- Knowledge of computer operations, including basic data entry.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Maintain positive relations with residents and employees.
- Pass background screening (drug, employment history and criminal)
- Professional certification preferred (CMH, ARM, CAM, RAM, COS and LIHTC).
Our 2023 Great Place to Work survey results found that 87% of employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not "just a job".
- Supervise the property office ensuring that all bookkeeping, marketing, and lease preparations are performed as required.
- Market the property in accordance with Fair Housing Regulations and the management agent's guidelines.
- Submit reports as required by the management agent or mandated by the federal, state or local government.
- Maintain office files for all business and financial records, as well as properly crediting the accounts and properly depositing all monies received.
- Inspect property daily to ensure building and grounds are properly maintained and take or suggest any actions needed for repair.
- The Assistant Property Manager will assist in hire, train, supervise, evaluate, and discipline staff.
- Respond to all resident requests and complaints.
- Assist with any other task as assigned.
Take pride in helping others, and join us today!
At VOANS, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.
This job has expired.