Job ID: 484467
Callanan Industries Inc., a CRH Company, is a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services in New York State. We provide a complete range of high-quality aggregates, asphalt, ready-mix concrete products, and construction paving services to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers. Callanan has been in business since 1883 and would not have such a long and successful track record were it not for our employees. We consider our employees our greatest strength, and we constantly strive to improve as an employer. We live by the saying, "We Make Safety Our Family Business." Safety is a core value, and employees support one another to promote a culture of safety throughout the company.
Are you ready to start building a rewarding future? Join our team today!
Job Description Summary
Candidates will report directly to the site superintendent communicating production requirements and maintenance needs.
- Operate plant according to production schedule using appropriate materials
- Monitor asphalt operation to ensure quality mix
- Seasonal position with overtime required during the peak season
- Work in a safe and professional manner
- Report any accident or incident to supervisor
- Perform daily post inspections and Risk assessment forms
- Wear proper PPE at all times (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Cover vacations in different task when needed
- Potential for night work
- Performs a wide range of laboring duties within an Asphalt Plant
- Assist in plant maintenance and in compiling reports regarding plant production and maintenance
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in basic mechanical maintenance
- Demonstrate good performance, safety and attendance
- Demonstrate a willingness to work and communicate well with supervisor's, truck drivers and other employees
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain MSHA, OSHA and all other company policies or Government state rules and regulation's
- Operate equipment in a safe and professional manner
- Have the ability to follow through with efficiency on verbal and written instructions
- Physical exam, drug screen and background check required before being employed by Callanan Industries, Inc.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Valid Drivers License
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel preferred
- Prior experience in the asphalt field
- Ideal candidate will have some familiarly with mobile equipment
Salary and Benefits:
- Prior experience is preferred, but training will be provided as needed
- High school graduate or equivalent
What CRH Offers You
- - Become part of the Union
- - This position offers a Union rate of $25.46 - $28.62 per hour.
- - Company Discounts
- - Savings programs
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Callanan Industries, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: Sep 19, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Kingston Job Segment:
Plant Operator, Equipment Operator, Maintenance, Plant, Manufacturing
This job has expired.