You have a strong work ethic, are reliable and consider yourself a go-getter. You enjoy working outside with your hands while performing a wide variety of tasks on a daily basis. You manage your time wisely and feel accomplished after a hard day's work. You are a decision maker who likes to be challenged, and can always be counted on to exercise sound judgement on and off the jobsite.
Complete asbestos remediation projects in compliance on asbestos abatement and industrial maintenance projects for both public and private clients.
Day in the Life
After checking in with your manager, you can expect to:
What you need to apply
- Execution of field work encompassed in asbestos abatement projects while under direct or indirect supervision.
- Correct completion of all job-specific, employee related US Ecology paper work including Timesheets, Daily Work Reports, Driver's Logs and Daily Tailgate Safety Meeting Forms.
- Ability to load / unload drums, cylinders, equipment from and into vans, flatbeds, trailers, utility trucks, etc.
- Ability to perform work inside small areas of varying dimensions; involving squatting and crawling for possible extended periods.
- Ability to follow directions; read/speak and understand English; read and understand common danger placards / labels and hazardous warning literature including site safety plans.
- Have a working knowledge of NYS ICR 56 and adhere to compliance within that document.
- The ability to safely drive and perform safety checks on all vehicles for which licensed.
- Must be able to understand and comply with company and client safety standards.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying (up to 100 pounds); use of hand tools, power tools, bending, stooping, shoveling and other physically demanding tasks on a daily basis.
- Ability to perform work under sustained hours, uncomfortable weather conditions and rough terrain.
- Be able to work out of town, on short notice for varying amounts of time.
- Must be clean shaven at all times to allow immediate donning and seal of respirator.
- Requires High School or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning skills) and 2-3 years of experience supervising asbestos abatement projects in New York State.
- Additional experience in related work (emergency response, manual labor, general construction, industrial cleaning) is preferred.
- Must possess the 40-HR NYSDOL's Asbestos Supervisor's License and OSHA's 10-HR Safety in Construction Certifications.
- A valid Class "D" License is required
- OSHA 40-HR HAZWOPER & Lead Awareness Certifications are desired but not required.
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren. For your hard work
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- 100% employer paid medical for you
- Paid Time Off
- Cash Recognition Programs
Find out more at www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.