West Virginia University's Information Technology Services is currently accepting applications for a Application Developer-Remote.
About the Opportunity
As Application Developer, you will provide application development support in an Oracle/Unix environment in SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Pro*C, Java, Html, Groovy/Grails, Argos, Web Programming support for Self Service Banner (SSB) components, etc. related to the STAR (Banner) Student Information System.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
What you’ll do:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year
- (for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
- Wellness programs
- Application development support in an Oracle/Unix environment in SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Pro*C, Java, Html, Groovy/Grails, Argos, Web Programming support for Self Service Banner (SSB) components, etc. related to the STAR (Banner) Student Information System.
- Provide analysis and application development for all STAR modules in support of all approved WVU reports, processes, and interfaces.
- Utilization of version control tools and application development tools such as Jira, SVN, GIT, IntelliJ, NetBeans, etc. are required.
- Provide application development liaison support between Academic Business Analysts and Academic Operations Units, Database Administrators, System Administrators, and end-users for program specifications and program documentation.
- Provide application development and interface support for university supported student related systems (Identity Management, Target X, MIX, eCampus, Mountaineer Card, Degree Works, ePayment Gateway, etc.).
- Administrative duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field, and two (2) years related work experience, OR equivalent combination of education, certificates, and work experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience in the following:
- Design, development, and deployment of Web Applications.
- System development life cycle (SDLC) execution including planning, system analysis, system design, implementation, integration and testing, deployment, and maintenance of highly complex solutions is preferred.
Desirable Technical Skills
- In-depth attention to detail and analytical ability.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical issues to both non-technical and technical audiences.
- Strong ability to interact and serve as a key member of a team.
- Awareness and commitment to organization and WVU goals.
: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability desired in the technical area:
- Working knowledge of Ellucian's Banner Student Information System.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Reporting System Tools.
- Ability to use SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Pro*C, etc. in an Oracle/Unix environment.
- Ability to create Web Applications in a Grails or other framework in Groovy and/or Java using an IDE such as IntelliJ or NetBeans.
- Ability to use REST and SOAP protocols as well as other related web services is desired.
- Ability to use Development Workflow tools (Jira) and Version Control Tools (SVN, Git).
- Working knowledge of a SDLC and/or Agile methodology experience desired.
- Working knowledge of Java application servers such as Tomcat and WebLogic.
- Working knowledge of computer security issues and the ability to apply this knowledge in the design and development of computerized systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot software development issues and act appropriately to efficiently resolve the issues in a timely fashion.
This job has expired.
- Seated at computer or telephone - Daily.