Full Time, Day shift position in Surgical Services | Douglas Hospital
- Monday-Friday; 9a-5:30p
- No call required
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.Responsibilities
Functions under the direction of the Surgical Services Director, Operating Room Manager, Specialty Coordinator and Anesthesiologist. Provides age appropriate patient care, which addresses biological, emotional, developmental, psychosocial and patient/family educational needs. Has anesthesia-related experience in variety of surgical specialties including trauma and emergency situations. Has knowledge regarding biomedical equipment. Must be flexible with schedule and understanding in the urgency of care with patients undergoing anesthesia. Schedule may be altered by manager when other staff members are on vacation and / or when the needs of the schedule dictate. Must be available to take call as required. Must be able to respond in the OR within 30 minutes of notification. Must demonstrate positive teamwork, behavior and communication. QualificationsRequired Minimum Education/Certification
Required Minimum Experience
- High School Diploma required
- Certification Preferred
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position.
Required Minimum Skills
- At least two years previous operating room experience preferred
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Should be highly organized with ability to set priorities and make adjustments as needed on daily demands
- Ability to work with all levels of care providers
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated with strong customer service skills
- Must be able to understand, speak and write English well to communicate with surgical services team.
We'd like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we'll help you make the most of all life's moments - on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it's pretty simple - we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients' lives... and your own! Here, it's more than healthcare - it's CareerCare!
This job has expired.