West Virginia University Libraries seek applications and nominations for an Agricultural Sciences Librarian (Librarian) for our WVU Libraries team. We are seeking an innovative and service oriented, librarian to actively lead engagement efforts with faculty, students and staff in the varied disciplines of the College of Agricultural Sciences, Natural Resources and Design, and WVU Extension. The librarian will develop collaborative working relationships, serve as a resource for those seeking research, teaching and digital initiative support, and will develop and deliver innovative, responsive library services and programs to faculty and students in those disciplines. The librarian will collaborate with colleagues within the university libraries and with campus partners to plan and implement creative library services and initiatives that advance the goals of the WVU campus community.
- ALA accredited Master's degree.
- Knowledge of research and reference service trends.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to outstanding user services.
- Demonstrated ability to support research and information needs in collaboration with faculty, staff, and students.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Degree or library experience in a field appropriate to the position
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices in reference services.
- Experience with current and emergent technologies and their applications in libraries and higher education.
- Familiarity with the discovery and use of data sets and formats across science and social science disciplines or willingness to develop proficiency.
Application materials must be submitted online at: https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=19649&tz=GMT-04:00&tzname=America/New_YorkPlease upload a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names of 3 professional references. Review of applications will begin and continue until the position is filledAbout West Virginia University and Morgantown:
- $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 commensurate with experience
- Librarians at WVU hold non-tenured faculty appointments. Exemplary job performance, professional development/research, and service is required for reappointment and promotion in rank.
Morgantown, WV is a growing university city. The area offers abundant outdoor recreation and the cultural opportunities of a college town. It is within easy driving distance of Pittsburgh, PA (70 mi) and is within a day's driving distance to Washington DC and Columbus, OH (200 mi).
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position. To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu.
Meeting the needs of today's professional couples is a critical factor in WVU's success in recruiting and retaining new faculty and senior staff. Our Dual Career Program assists couples in your employment search. WVU belongs to the Oh/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC). Please visit dualcareer.wvu.edu and ohwpawvherc.org for more information and job postings.About WVU
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
This job has expired.