Job ID: []
Michigan Paving and Materials, a vertically integrated CRH company, energetically drives to continually be a leader in our markets in quality construction materials and value added services by employing innovative techniques and customer-centric practices. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting new talent to our organization. We encourage you to learn more by visiting www.michiganpaving.com, www.stoneco.net or our parent company at www.crhamericas.com
The Aggregate Foreman position is responsible for coordinating the production demands under the direction of the Quarry Manager/Superintendent. Works with management to meet goals and targets for business needs.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Coordinates daily work activities, job site organization, reading of plans, etc.
- Supervises and schedules work crews
- Ensure that daily operations are carried out in accordance to company objectives
- Organizes job site goals, timelines, and budgets
- Orders required supplies and materials
- Plan and implement plant maintenance for both reactive and preventative purposes
- Maintain time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing
- Assist and support Plant Manager with special projects and company initiatives, as required
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2 to 5 years of related construction experience
- Minimum 2 years related experience in a leadership capacity
- Computer Literate (Microsoft Office)
- Sound technical knowledge of aggregate products and practices required
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required
- Must be willing to work weekends when necessary
- Report to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at the designated start time
- Strict adherence to all Safety Practices & Procedures and ensure site operations are held to MSHA standards
- Strict adherence to all company policies and procedures as outlined in the book of company policies
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
- Knowledge of human resources policies and procedures.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to: computers, copiers, ten key adding machine, printers, etc.
- Proficiency of MS Excel and Word applications required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to deal with changing priorities on a daily basis and multi-tasked oriented
- Analyze issues and problems to make sound decisions on daily activities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Frequently works in outside weather conditions
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration..
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
Michigan Paving and Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: Sep 7, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Grand Rapids Job Segment:
Machinist, Plant, Plant Manager, Electrical, Manager, Manufacturing, Engineering, Management
This job has expired.