SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Administrative Specialist 1 is expected to accurately word process all C of A attachments, scanning COA packets into Intact and approving scans is also required of this position. Purchase Orders are scanned and put into Intact daily as they are received. Other general office duties such as scanning, filing, mailing, and answering phones as necessary. The administrative Specialist may also help with the accurate processing of the invoices for testing which are sent to our clients.
Administrative Specialist 1 can be cross-trained to help in other areas of the billing/administration department as needed.
Focusing on collections may be a designated position of the department.
Employees working at the level of Administrative Specialist 1 at SGS report to Billing/Administration Manager.
- Field client phone calls in a friendly, polite, and ultimately professional manner.
- Direct all client inquiries to the appropriate technical personnel (or management).
- Answer client questions and/or respond to client requests for testing information in a prompt, efficient manner that cultivates trust and reliability.
- Greet visitors to the lab in a professional, courteous manner.
- Respond appropriately to all client requests for rush test results.
- Invoices for testing are processed according to client quotes and/or billing notes, standard pricing schedule, or pricing from a departmental manager.
- Verify prices, print and send invoices by mail and/or email to clients for all testing performed at the laboratory.
- Ensure that all staff requests for help or information or support are treated fairly and professionally.
Minimum twelve years general education (or equivalent) required.
Previous office experience preferred.KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Language Skills: English Advanced required
• Mathematical Skills: Intermediate required
• Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Advanced level required
• Computer Skills:EQUIPMENT
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOBPhysical/Sensory Demands Frequency Requirements:
• Stand - Constantly
• Move or traverse - Constantly
• Sit - Constantly
• Use hands - Constantly
• Reach with hands and arms - Constantly
• Climb or balance - Constantly
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl - Occasionally
• Talk/hear - Constantly
• Taste/Smell - None
• Lift/carry/push or pull - Occasionally
• Lift/carry/push or pull 25 pounds occasionally