At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Daramic where we develop and manufacture advanced lead-acid battery separators that are driving innovation in transportation and industrial applications with cars, trucks, forklifts, and golf carts as well as ESS.
The Project Administrative Assistant will assist the project managers and other members of the team execute a variety of administrative functions for a multi-faceted, global manufacturing company. The candidate will work in a cross-functional environment to support, record, update, schedule project management tools and documentation.
- Responsible for handling project documentation and correspondence in support of one or more managers. Document meeting minutes, action items and updates in real time.
- Communicate with members of the project team in person and online; confirm understanding and document accurately.
- Responsible for setting up and coordinating a variety of meetings in the US and Japan. Includes meeting organization, planning, catering arrangements, and agenda preparation.
- Use MS suite to support projects and team (TEAM, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Support staff in assigned project and administrative work
- Flexibility to work evenings and early mornings to support a global project team that is in Japan and the US
- 2 years manufacturing or project administration
- Demonstrated knowledge in utilizing SharePoint, TEAMS, MS PowerPoint, EXCEL, Word
- Experience supporting managers in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Able to operate standard office equipment. Knowledge of on-line meetings protocol as well as the principles and practices of basic office management
- Professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to type quickly and accurately.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and practices.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required, bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience providing administrative support required preferably with a manufacturing company.
- Project admin training or applicable experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. Able to learn working relations and cultural awareness with global teams such as in Japan, France, China, etc. Japanese language is preferred
- Decision-making with ability to make independent decisions on a daily basis, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
- Organization and prioritization are the core elements of the Administrative Assistant's responsibilities. You must know how to keep yourself and others organized and how to determine which tasks are the most important in a given list
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.