Partner with Adecco Group business leaders, with an emphasis on driving the end to end talent strategy and supporting processes within their functions. Uses expertise to drive effective business strategies supporting the upskilling and reskilling of the workforce. Drives talent optimization throughout the business.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the business needs and provides HR strategic and interpersonal expertise for various company strategic initiatives.
- Builds trust and develops strong collaborative partnerships at all levels within the organization.
- Creates and implements programs to drive retention and workforce planning.
- Leverages data insights to recommend and implement initiatives and programs to remove barriers and drive business results.
- Acts as a coach and trusted advisor to internal clients driving the talent agenda for the business.
- Uses critical thinking skills to act decisively while proposing solutions and tracking successful outcomes.
- Accountable for up to date market trends, ensuring that programs and initiatives are relevant in the current marketplace
- Maintains confidentiality and serves as a role model that encourages others regarding Company's values.
- Understands and leverages Change Management tools.
- Supports initiatives that drive a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Leads and participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in human resources, business management or a related discipline with a minimum of five (5) years of related human resources experience, with a minimum of two (2) years as an HR Business Partner with broad knowledge and experience in all aspects of talent development.
Additional knowledge in Organizational Design, Workforce Planning, Talent Development and Compensation is preferred. COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships, meet deadlines, influence and motivate team members to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent written, analytical, and communication skills.
- Superior customer relation skills, consistent and professional communications; effective, prompt and courteous communications with respect to difficult situations, etc.
- Adept with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Technologically savvy.
Adecco Group North America, through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands including Accounting Principals, Adecco General Staffing, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world's leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
This job has expired.