Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you will be responsible for performing accounts payable activities, including but not limited to, processing vendor invoices (Purchase Order based) as well as Landowner payments, ensuring the accuracy, timeliness, and integrity of financial data. This role is also responsible for communicating with vendors regarding account discrepancies and supporting the Accounting functions. This position is based out of our downtown Chicago, IL office and will report to the Accounts Payable Manager.
- Process supplier payments in accordance with the terms of contracts
- Respond to internal and external payment inquiries
- Research and clear any discrepancies by working with other business units
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners to expedite the resolution of issues pertaining to payments
- Sort, open and scan incoming accounts payable postal mail into AP email box
- Manage and monitor AP shared email box and the AP Portal throughout the day to ensure timely processing of invoices
- Procure proper approvals and supporting documentation prior to payment
- Assist with supplier maintenance and any relating issues
- Complete the IRS taxpayer identification number matching process for land and non-land suppliers
- Deposit US and Canadian checks into the banking system and maintain files with supporting documentation
- Print manual checks as needed and distribute to requesto
- Participate in any team ad hoc projects
- 2+ years of experience in a high volume, fast paced accounts payable environment.
- Experience with the purchase order to invoice payment process
- Experience with Oracle Cloud ERP a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and accomplish all assignments in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with vendors and employees.
- Proficient in MS Office, with exceptional knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of accounting software packages.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
This job has expired.