At FHLB Des Moines, we work each day to develop an inclusive culture that supports and leverages the complexity of a diverse workforce. This enables us to effectively serve the needs of our members and help them succeed.
The Accounting Analyst III's primary purpose is to produce timely, accurate and reliable financial information. The person in this role will review and prepare the Bank's quarterly and annual SEC filings in accordance with GAAP, SEC and regulatory requirements for the Product Accounting area. This could include Mortgages, Derivatives, Investments, Advances, Consolidated Obligations, Capital Stock and Deposits.
- Ensures accurate accounting for complex transactions, in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) regulations.
- Executes monthly/quarterly/annual close process through preparation or review of journal entries and reconciliations.
- Maintains strong communication with the team, manager and other Bank partners.
- Participates in preparation and review of internal, external and FHFA examiner audit requests.
- Performs cross functional duties to support team processes.
- Utilizes high-level problem solving skills to research and resolve system and accounting issues.
- Actively seeks out and develops solutions to improve effectiveness of processes, identify & reduce risk and promote efficiencies.
- Adheres to and executes departmental regulatory guidance and internal controls, with particular focus on SOX 404 controls.
- Analyze monthly and quarterly financial statements by looking at trends and market movements.
- Coordinates, plans and executes project responsibilities in accordance with Bank policies and project expectations.
- 7+ years of related experience required; minimum 3 yearsof public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with critical analysis and research.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Financial Analysis, Vendor Management, Project Leadership and reviewing the work of others.
- GAAP knowledge.
- High degree of emotional Intelligence.
- Knowledge of Financial Instruments and Capital Markets.
- Proven Experience with SEC Reporting and SOX.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance required, MBA/Master of Accountancy desired.
At FHLB Des Moines, we celebrate diversity, work to create an inclusive culture and champion equity in all of our policies and practices. This enables us to effectively serve the needs of our members and help them succeed. FHLB Des Moines is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information (including family medical history), status as a parent or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.