Reporting to the Supervisor of Audit and Records, the Administrative & Accounting Assistant I is responsible for providing administrative support to the Blue Sky Outsourcing department.
The Administrative & Accounting Assistant I is expected to model RELX core values by mirroring one's words with action - fostering diversity and inclusion, valuing and respecting differences, demonstrating and inspiring high ethical standards and actions, showing greater concern for the well-being of others over self, honoring commitments and promises, and acting decisively.
Essential Job Functions: This job description indicates the general level and nature of work expected of the incumbent. It is not a comprehensive list of specific duties or activities associated with the position. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements:Education and Experience
- Under the supervision of the Supervisor of Audit and Records, creating invoices in Microsoft Excel by extracting data using Microsoft Access from Blue Sky Solution, proprietary software developed by NRS. The invoices are built on demand and daily.
- Follow up with clients and maintain spreadsheets regarding the status of outstanding invoices.
- Preparing monthly reports to clients that summarize Blue Sky Filing Fees paid in the past month or expected to be paid in the upcoming month or year.
- Answering the main phone number and transferring the calls to the correct staff member.
- Opening, sorting, date-stamping all incoming mail (correspondence from the states).
- Sorting and organizing Blue Sky permits by state and by fund.
- Scanning permits and back up filings and maintaining the permit library for all clients.
- Helping the staff with mailings, including the preparation and maintenance of shipping / mailing labels and other related tasks.
- Providing back up support to the Accounting Assistant II who manages all payments to states, balancing client accounts on QuickBooks, maintaining blank check inventory and generating a daily ACH file for electronic states.
- Preparing invoices for all Private funds as well as verifying their payments.
- Processing all company expenses for payment by assigning payment codes and obtaining approvals.
- Ordering office and kitchen supplies.
- Assisting the Vice President with preparing service contracts and proposals.
- Learn the basics of BlueSky Compliance to assist the staff when necessary.
- Associates Degree in Business or Diploma/Certificate from Secretarial School, or comparable business experience. High school diploma required.
- QuickBooks experience strongly preferred
- A team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail and a significantly high "I care quotient".
- Computer literate, with a strong aptitude in the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically with Word, Excel and Outlook. Basic understanding of Q/A function and development of test cases for both positive and negative results.
- Organizational skills; verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail; able to manage competing priorities and to handle tight deadlines.
- Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment. Quickly grasps the complexities of problems and uses sound analyses to identify solutions, foresee obstacles, and recognize opportunities for the organization. Encourages alternative approaches and new ideas; provides analysis and solutions to complex problems to others, as requested; brings strategic perspective to challenging situations, makes decisions based on organization's goals; identifies patterns and trends in complex data and uses those patterns to outline a path forward.
- Results driven by doing everything possible to contribute to strategic goals, persisting in the face of obstacles, maintaining and communicating a clear vision of the desired results, holding self and other accountable for achieving results, leading or championing efforts to increase productivity and goal accomplishment throughout the organization.
- Team orientation, customer focus, flexibility and adaptability, integrity and trust, organizational skills, attention to detail, good follow through, understanding and appreciation of regulatory functions and issues. Actively develops strong supportive and collaborative working relationships with others across all career levels, functions, cultural and organizational boundaries to achieve objectives. Gains the trust and respect of others by encouraging and enabling cooperation, resolving/addressing conflicts that effect performance, building and cultivating diverse teams, and actively seeks opportunities to work with others across the organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.