Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specializedclinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR â, 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Accountant II responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications:
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Primary finance department accountant for two or more moderate complexity legal entities.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, quarterly reviews, annual audits, and annual budget.
- Prepare general ledger entries, reconcile general ledger accounts, and prepare and analyze financial data. Update and maintain general ledger chart of accounts.
- Create and modify financial reports on the accounting financial reports software.
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual closing processes.
- Coordinate, update, and maintain fixed assets and depreciation schedules on accounting software.
- Coordinate activity on capital leases/loans.
- Prepare mid-year review and year-end audit work papers and assist external auditors during fieldwork.
- File and pay use tax to each state in a timely manner.
- Maintaining provision for bad debt records, actual bad debt records, and recovery of bad debt records.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Operate personal computer in an efficient and accurate manner with the company provided software programs that include Great Plains Accounting, Word, Excel, and others.
- Work with both internal and external auditors in a professional manner.
- Recommend more accurate and efficient procedures for all accounting department functions.
- Ensure that confidentiality regarding employees, clients, or vendors is not disclosed to anyone except as authorized by corporate officials or as approved in writing by the Accounting Manager, or designate.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous use of Great Plains software preferred
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Strong computer skills especially within Microsoft Office.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attention to detail in establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail, demonstrated proficiency in work, good communication skills, pride in appearance and conduct
- Meticulous work habits, cooperative and pleasant with coworkers
- Willingness to work overtime, work independently
- Follow and give detailed verbal and written instructions
- Clear understanding of workload distribution and priorities
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Des Moines, IA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays