Overview / Responsibilities
Swaggart Brothers Inc., A Wood Company has an exciting opportunity for an Accountant. This position is full-time offering a flexible schedule and the opportunity to work remote.
The Accountant will ensure all accounting entries within the individual's area of control (i.e. project, contract, service line) are recorded in an accurate and timely manner. This involves the provision of timely reporting of financial data internally to business stakeholders and externally to the client.
Skills / Qualifications
- Ensure that all accounting entries are prepared accurately and in line with corporate deadlines
- Calculation of billing and cost rates, and analysis of margins to manage profitability
- Preparation of annual plan and quarterly reforecast in conjunction with Business Management and Finance team
- Focus on cash collection, optimization of DSO and minimization of unbilled items together with ensuring these balance sheet areas are appropriately reconciled, analyzed, and controlled
- Liaising with external, internal and client auditors
- Linkage with operations director and contracts administrator regarding any contractual aspects
- Execution of various ad hoc financial analysis and tasks as and when required
- Support project managers with change orders, projects, and WIP review
- Ensure banking approval and release of all ACH payments is completed weekly
- Review and approve AP invoices
- Complete business end of month reconciliation including journal entries, JC, and T&M adjustments
- Review and ensure completion of annual personal property taxes, issuance of W2s, and 1099s
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Further education through College or University with a recognized accounting qualification
- Preferably working towards CIMA / ACCA / CPA or equivalent
- 3 years accounting experience
- Proficient user of Excel
- Good commercial knowledge
- Good systems experience (Viewpoint) and SQL
- Ability to form and maintain strong working relationships
- Strong ethical values and communicates with openness and honesty
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.