Learning and growing with NPD
Combining consumer surveys, retail point-of-sale data, and cutting-edge analytics, The NPD Group delivers trusted retail industry research to the world's most successful brands and retailers. We also offer careers that reward innovation and provide growth opportunities for forward-thinking problem-solvers who join our team. Speed your career growth, while working with the best and brightest in the market research industry.
The Toys, Media and Juvenile business at NPD works with some of the most exciting companies in the Toy and Media industries. This team is currently seeking an Account Specialist who is responsible for providing support to our client development team. The Specialist handles all day-to-day servicing, assists with project management, is responsible for retrieving and organizing data for analysis, conducts ongoing report delivery and contributes to increasing NPD's value with client contacts.
- Providing day-to-day servicing support for our clients, as part of the client development team.
- Generate weekly and/or monthly deliverables and ad hoc data requests using NPD proprietary tools for client requests.
- Designing, building, and updating PowerPoint decks and excel deliverables for client and industry use/ presentations.
- Accurately interpreting data and clearly articulating issues and findings to both internal and external audiences, in written and verbal formats.
- Writing analytical summaries and assisting with presentation development.
- Conduct client training on NPD applications.
- Execute against data issues and enhancement needs. Liaise with appropriate NPD teams as needed.
- 2-3 years of experience in client servicing, point of sale, or consumer research; experience in Toys, Media, Juvenile, or Licensing industry a plus
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to quickly learn proprietary software/database applications
- Expert in all MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) with knowledge of, or the ability to learn, intermediate Excel skills such as creation of Pivot tables and Pivot reporting
- Willingness to travel (typically 5-10%)
- Bachelor's degree
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.