Summary: Under general supervision, act as the key instructor for new hires in general warehouse procedures and job task associated with picking, stocking, and shipping within the Outbound Department.
Essential Functions :
- Automated Returns/FKI
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
Non-Essential Functions :
- Must be a champion of the Readerlink processes and objectives.
- Must have good communication skills and be comfortable communicating in team / group environments on the distribution floor as well as occasional classroom sessions.
- Maintain and ensure accurate execution of forms related to training and new hire on-boarding.
- Working knowledge of /or willingness to learn job task (picking, stocking, and shipping) associated with the outbound department.
- Must be flexible in work schedule, as individuals will need to support off-shifts occasionally.
- Other duties may be assigned, directed, or requested.
Physical Requirements :
- 1-3 years of experience in a distribution, and/or in a training/communication role is preferred.
- Background in working with voice-directed pick systems / Jennifer, (Lucus) preferred.
- Comfortable working with or willing to learn RF scanning equipment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point is preferred.
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand / bend / reach for 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Good vision necessary to read small numbers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work performed is in a distribution / warehouse environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate at low decibels
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team environment
ReaderLink Distribution Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce.If you love books and want to play an active role in the continued expansion of one of the book industry's most important and fastest growing organizations, then you must be part of the Readerlink Distribution Service's dynamic team. Readerlink sells 1 of every 3 trade print books sold in the United States to a blue chip customer base including the biggest names across multiple retail channels. In the past few years, Readerlink has become the #1 book distributor in the U.S. by doubling its annual sales to over $1 billion through the distribution of 300 million books per year to over 70,000 store locations nationwide. Readerlink ships via its extensive logistics network of 6 national distribution facilities totaling 50 acres of building capacity. Readerlink also publishes under the name Printers Row Publishing Group with four unique imprints: Canterbury Classics, Portable Press, Silver Dolphin Books, Thunder Bay Press and Dreamtivity. The diversity of these imprints allows PRPG to develop and expand on book industry trends in both the juvenile andadult book genres. Readerlink HQ is in Oak Brook, Illinois with its publishing HQ in San Diego CA.
ReaderLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
This job has expired.