Perks: 15 Days PTO along with excellent Benefits/401K!
Safely operate, repair, rebuild and perform maintenance on Company owned or leased heavy duty diesel trucks and equipment including rolling stock to ensure its ability to operate safely
Pay: up to $29.50/hr (Dependent On EXP)
Shift: 7am-5pm (end times can vary dependent on workload at times)
• Diagnose and repair operational difficulties with heavy duty diesel trucks and equipment.
• Maintain and repair heavy diesel, CNG, gas and electrically operated equipment and vehicles.
• Complete reports, work orders, order parts and perform other administrative duties as required daily.
• Plan and schedule repairs in M5 planner and procure all parts for successful plan.
• Assist in the review of mechanical write-ups on equipment and coordinate repair schedule.
• Ensure safe working conditions and compliance with all safety regulations.
• Utilize a variety of power and hand tools and equipment.
• Possess, provide and maintain tools necessary to perform tasks related to maintenance on heavy/hydraulic equipment.
• Maintain a clean work area.
• Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state/provincial and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
• Assist in the training and orientation of new employees.
• Maintain a working knowledge of and keep up with the latest technology through the use of technical manuals and attendance of technical training seminars and testing.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); technical diploma desired.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience as a diesel mechanic
• Experience using diagnostic software a plus
• Must be computer literate, have the ability to be trained on software systems and the willingness to learn.
• Must be able to meet relevant criteria for safety sensitive functions according to Company standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively with others.
• Demonstrate ability to follow detailed instructions, work independently and maintain accurate records.
• Ability to understand and effectively use repair and parts manuals written in English.
• Ability to operate any vehicle or equipment necessary to perform job.
• Possess physical ability to perform all aspects of job.
• Ability to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, taste, and smell.
• Continuous concentrated mental and visual attention required.
• Visual Requirements: include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Frequent physical effort including handling tools and equipment required.
• Frequently lift/push/pull up to 100 pounds.
• Frequently exposed to loud noise, humidity, hot and cold weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, vibration, toxic and caustic chemicals, fumes and airborne particles.
• Occasionally work in high precarious places.
• Work environment is usually loud.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.