According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, opportunities should be very good for qualified individuals in all branches of the Armed Forces through 2028. All services have needs to fill entry-level and professional positions as current members of the Armed Forces move up through the ranks, leave the service, or retire.
According to BLS, Basic pay is based on rank and time in service. Pay bands are the same for all branches. Members of the Armed Forces may receive additional pay based on their job assignment or qualifications.
Members who serve for a certain number of years may receive other benefits. These benefits may include educational benefits through the Montgomery GI Bill, which pays for a portion of educational costs at accredited institutions; medical care at military or the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals; and guaranteed home loans.
Members of the Military serve in either the Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Coast Guard, Air National Guard and Army National Guard.
Within the military there typically: 1) enlisted personnel who may support military operations in combat or training, humanitarian relief, or disaster relief; 2) Officers who manage military personnel that is enlisted.
Here are some types of occupations within enlisted personnel:
- Administrative personnel
- Combat specialty personnel
- Conostruction personnel
- Electronic and electrical personnel
- Engineering, science, and technical personnel
- Healthcare personnel
- Human resources personnel
- Machine operator and repair personnel
- Media and public affairs personnel
- Protective service personnel
- Support service personnel
- Transportation and material-handling personnel
- Vehicle and machinery mechanical personnel
Here are some types of Military Officer roles:
- Combat Speciality Officers
- Engineering, science, and technical officers
- Executive, administrative, and managerial officers
- Healthcare officers
- Human resource development officers
- Media and public affairs officers
- Protective service officers
- Support services officers
- Transportation officers
Many roles are available within the Defence and Military, we are greatful to all who serve.